The toolbox includes a database to estimate the environmental and efficiency performances of a specific supply chain and its actors as well as to deliver the environmental eco-profiles of the production processes within the selected supply chain system.
Every user of the toolbox can specifically:
● add its own data and sector characteristics to the tool,
● carry out benchmarking analyses,
● evaluate the cost-benefit of the energy efficiency measures across the supply chain through the holistic approach,
● prioritize the same measures with the aim to improve the economic and energy performance of the whole supply chain and not of the single company that will implement the measure,
● assess non-energy benefits,
● perform what-if analyses to reduce the uncertainties and risks related to the decisions,
● be informed about existing funding opportunities to improve the feasibility of implementing energy efficiency measures.
The ICCEE tools can also be used for :
- Energy flows
- Life cycle impacts